Just a quick, basic installation guide: (see the downloads page for each component)
PLEASE NOTE: When running into errors such as "cannot find
include dir /usr/local/musicbrainz/" please modify domo.pro to fit your
local directory settings and re-run qmake.
- Install the latest MySQL (other DB's should be supported in the
future) version and create a root account: (Strictly
speaking this is not necessary since a root account exists by default.
It is, however, not password protected and highly insecure)
$> mysqladmin -u root password 'new_password'
- Windows: Running setup.exe will automatically create a root
(see 4.3.4 Initial
privileges from the MySQL docs for more info)
- Install the latest Qt toolkit (at least version 3.3.4) and make
sure the $QTDIR environment variable is set (Linux: see .profile, Win:
- Install the Qt mysql plugin QMYSQL3 in $QTDIR/plugins.
NOTE:If you installed Qt from source, there is NO need to
download/install the mysql plugin separately. Just compile the plugin
from the Qt source installation directory (in
- Install the necessary dependencies (see the download page).
- download domo
- Read the INSTALL / README / RELEASE / CHANGELOG files
- Find and report bugs :)
Information about qmake + a quick guide can be found here