For the love of God, WHY??????
Oh no! Not another of those 1 in a million music organizers :s:s:s
Yeah, well I guess I can't blame you :) So why on earth did I
Its true, there are loads of music organisers out there. The thing is
each one out I checked out
missed at least 1 feature I needed. Furthermore, I was just getting the
hang of programming and was looking for a
project to experiment with.
Anyway, domo tries to bundle the following things:
- A complete open source application with no strings attached
- Extensive import/export capabilities (all playlist formats (pls,
m3u, b4s), txt, html, csv)
- Platform independent
- Support for wma, ogg as well as mp3
- Relational Database backend
- Extensive comparing capabilities between different sources
- Conversion between different import/export formats (eg: convert
an b4s playlist to a html file)
- Provide a powerfull 'clean' feature to cleanup track filenames.
- Smart detection of Track metadata based on the filename or
metatag and strict checks to enforce correct information.
- Easy, simple, handy browsing and querying of tracks and albums.